[Peace-discuss] Housing Network Info Night

Laurie Nobilette laurie.nobilette at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 22:34:33 CDT 2009

Hello,

My name is Laurel Nobilette. I am writing on behalf of the St. Jude's
Catholic Worker House here in Champaign. Some of you may be more familiar
with the Worker House than others, but one focus of the house is to provide
shelter and hospitality to those in need in the community, giving priority
to women and children.

We want to address the issues of housing here in our community -
housing shortages,
homelessness, evictions, etcetera. As you know, these issues are becoming
more and more dire in our current economic situation, and our goal is to
alleviate current housing woes and to establish preventative measures for
future ones. We have come up with the idea of a Housing Network, a
collective effort to assuage this problem. If anyone wants to learn more
about the Housing Network, is interested in participating, or doens't know
what the heck I'm talking about but wants to help the homeless and wants to
know more, please come to our Housing Network Info Night!! which will take
place the evening of OCTOBER 14TH AT 700PM AT THE ST. JUDE'S CATHOLIC WORKER
HOUSE.

Please come and engage in our discussion about the Housing Network! The more
voices, opinions, and perspectives, the better! If we could all collaborate,
we might come closer to alleviating this problem in our community.

Again, this meeting will take place WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 14TH AT 700PM AT THE
ST. JUDE'S CATHOLIC WORKER HOUSE, LOCATED AT 317 S. RANDOLPH STREET IN
CHAMPAIGN.

If you know anyone else who would be interested, or if you would like to
send someone else to represent your group or organization, please feel free!

Also, if you would like to attend, please send an RSVP via email!

Thank you all, and hope to see you WEDNESDAY!

Sincerely,

Laurel Nobilette