[Peace-discuss] "My Name is Rachel Corrie" -- reactions?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 18 11:57:56 CDT 2009

I haven't been able to see My Name is Rachel Corrie yet,
but Karen and I hope to this Thursday, Oct 22nd, when they'll
have another discussion time after the play.

Hope a lot of you have seen it -- or will go if you haven't
(there's a showing tonight, and others on Wed through Sat;
it closes Sat 10/24; to reserve tickets, call 384-4000).

I'd love to hear people's reactions -- about the play itself,
or about how last Thursday's talkback went, or other meta-reactions.
Am surprised to hear so little on this list about it, after the initial
get-the-word-out flurry.

For example, I've heard that Rick Orr is being personally harrassed by
at least some people, arguing presumably that the Station Theatre shouldn't
be showing this play.

   Stuart