[Peace-discuss] NoEscalation.org: Can the Peace Movement Reach President Obama?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:13:10 CDT 2009

If there were ever a time when the peace movement should be able to
have an impact on U.S. foreign policy, that time should be now. If
there were ever a time for extraordinary effort to achieve such an
impact, that time is now.

National peace advocacy organizations are launching such an
extraordinary effort. At the joint website noescalation.org, we're
posting the phone numbers of every Congressional office, and what is
known so far about where they stand on the proposal to send 40,000
more U.S. troops. We're asking Americans to call Congressional offices
and search the media for information on where each Member of Congress
stands. And we're asking for that information to be reported back to
the website noescalation.org.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/noescalationorg-can-the-p_b_329878.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/10/22/102552/68

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/47234

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/node/378

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Withdraw from Afghanistan with a Public, Negotiated Timetable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWk2aapaywk