[Peace-discuss] Setting the agenda for the intelligentsia

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 26 12:23:50 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:51:14AM -0500, John W. wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:33 AM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at illinois.edu>wrote:
>
> Probably explains Samantha Power (she's Irish); maybe Rory Stewart, too
> > (he's Scottish).
> >

> Is it Rory's femaleness you're referring to, Carl, or his minority status as
> a white Scotman?

Maybe his minority status as a Scotsman in the UK.

In Joy Zarembka's book, The Pigment of Your Imagination,
she travels around the world interviewing people about race groups
racial views in different countries.

In Wales, she hears a report of a recent race-related murder,
"but what can you expect?" says the person she's interviewing,
"the man was English."