[Peace-discuss] Recruit a Republican Against the War in Afghanistan

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:32:57 CDT 2009

[I should point out here that Rep. Tim Johnson is spectacularly good
on this issue. He was one of the seven House Republicans to vote for
the McGovern amendment, and he also voted against the war supplemental
- both when other Republicans were voting against it, and when they
were voting in favor of it.]

In an op-ed Tuesday in the Washington Post, conservative columnist
George Will called for the U.S. to withdraw its troops from
Afghanistan. Send George Will's op-ed to your representatives in
Congress, and to every Republican you know. There's no plausible way
to end support for this war in Congress without turning some more
Republicans against it. And there's no law of the universe that says
Republicans have to support endless war and occupation in Afghanistan.
Many Republicans opposed the U.S. bombing of Yugoslavia in the Clinton
adminstration. Come out, come out, anti-war Republicans. We need you
now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/recruit-a-republican-agai_b_276183.html

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Senator Feingold Calls for Timetable for U.S. Troop Withdrawal from Afghanistan
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/exit-afghanistan