[Peace-discuss] George Will: Time to Leave...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 3 15:46:29 CDT 2009

Will's position is more anti-war than, say, Feingold's "flexible timetable."
Maybe the Democrats and Republicans are becoming once again the War Party and
the Antiwar Party respectively.

There's certainly precedent.  World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and the
Vietnam War all begun by Democratic administrations, and three of the four were
ended by Republican administrations.  That was part of the source of the 20th
century bromide, "With the Democrats we get war, with the Republicans depression."