[Peace-discuss] Firedoglake Petition for public option -- 5p deadline!

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 08:11:18 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 9/8/09, Jane Hamsher <firedoglakeaction at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jenifer,

Today at 5pm is the deadline to add your name to our petition asking members of Congress to hold the line for a strong public health insurance option.

So far, more than 57,000 people have signed our petition. We want to get to 60,000 by the end of the day today so I can deliver the petition first thing tomorrow.  Can you add your name now?

Click here to sign the petition: http://action.firedoglake.com/ page/s/keepthepledge

Later tomorrow, President Obama will address Congress about health care reform.  We don't know what he'll say yet, but we know that a strong public option is in danger - Obama's considering a "trigger" to avoid ever implementing a public option.

Max Baucus, the Senate "Democrat" holding up health care reform for the insurance industry, came out with his plan over the weekend.  Frankly, it's garbage - no public option, just regional "co-ops" designed to fatten the pockets of the insurance industry.

So it's up to us to make sure we pass real health care reform with a strong public option.  We need to show our resolve to members of Congress by signing this petition.

This is your last chance to sign our petition for a strong public option.  Click here to add your name to our petition:

http://action.firedoglake.com/ page/s/keepthepledge

Thanks for all you do.  We'll record the delivery of our petition and report back to you later this week.

Take care,

Jane Hamsher
Firedoglake.com

This email was sent to: