[Peace-discuss] peace-discuss saturation

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 9 12:11:40 CDT 2009

The main problem with peace-discuss is not the variety of views expressed,
in my opinion, but the volume of traffic, most of which is of no interest
to the vast majority of folks on the listserv.

Perhaps a solution would be to add some selections to the AWARE web site.
This could include blogs/websites of Matt Murrey, Carl Estabrook, Wayne
Johnson, CAN, etc. etc.

AWARE working groups could also set up their own listservs on chambana.net
for specialized discussions, which could be listed on the AWARE web site.

Perhaps this would cut back on the barroom brawls that have become a
feature of peace-discuss, and make it useful without making banishment from
the list of too-frequent posters a temptation.

The IMC occasionally has a problem with disputes erupting into the
organization-wide listserv. We move them back into working-group lists when
this happens, but not before we annoy a lot of people who have no interest
in the dispute.

Bob