[Peace-discuss] Fw: Obama's speech tonight

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 10 13:06:27 CDT 2009

Another way to take action...
 --Jenifer

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Jane Hamsher <firedoglakeaction at gmail.com> wrote:

Write a letter to the editor of your local newspapers about how your member of Congress needs to plede to support only a public option.

Click here to write your letter to the editor now.
Hi Jenifer,
Tonight in his address to Congress, President Obama restated his support for a public option, but stopped short of insisting it should be included in health care reform.

But we know that a public option is vital.  It's the only way to keep the insurance companies in check against their outrageous profits that kill Americans every day.

We need to make this message heard locally - that means down to your street..  You can help us do that with letters to the editor of your local newspapers.

Can you write a letter to the editor saying your member of Congress needs to only support bills that have a strong public option?  Click here to start writing your letter.

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/speakout/ltepublicoptionn

It's good to hear that President Obama supports a public option.  But supporting a public option doesn't mean he'll fight for a public option.  Fighting for it is up to you.

Health care reform without a true public option is the insurance industry's dream.  In DC this week, some Democrats were whispering about so-called "triggers" - or mechanisms to delay implementing a public option - as a way to compromise on reform.

Let's be clear.  Triggers aren't reform. Triggers are a cop-out designed never let a public option see the light of day. Your member of Congress needs to only support reform that has a true public option available on day one - no co-ops, no triggers.

Write a letter to the edtor of your local newspapers and say that your member of Congress needs to vote against any health care bill without a strong public option.

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/speakout/ltepublicoptionn

Thank you for all you do.  It's incredible how far we've come, and I'm looking forward to continuing to work with you for the public option.

Jane Hamsher
Firedoglake.com

P.S. If you don't think it's imperative to pass a public option, consider this: without a public option, individuals without health insurance will be fined $3800 for not paying up to the insurance companies. If that won't be an issue in 2010, nothing will.
Click here to write your letter: http://action.firedoglake.com/page/speakout/ltepublicoptionn

This email was sent to:
jencart13 at yahoo.com

To unsubscribe, go to: