[Peace-discuss] AWARE closet becomes Odd Music closet

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 13 12:27:19 CDT 2009

To those coming to this evening's AWARE meeting --
if you can spare some time, we have a little work to do.

So the AWARE/publici/IWW closet, where our posters etc. are stored,
is indeed becoming space for the OddMusic coalition.
Our stuff is going into the artists' space, occupied now by
Betsem and Atef, that's the front room to the bike coop space.
I have a key to the space, and we can get another key.

We heard yesterday afternoon that the OddMusic people intended
to hold a moving-in party yesterday evening (!); that's now
postponed until *this* (Sun) evening, presumably after AWARE meets.
We're not expected to have everything out by then, but it would
be good to have most things out if we can manage it.

There's also been a lot of ancient junk in there.  I hope we might
sift and discard some of it over the next few weeks.  Moves are
good for that...

At present, about 3/4ths of our stuff has been moved to the
artists' space, but some -- including most of the Farmer's Market
gear -- is still in the closet, and some is scattered around the
Family Room, while the long tall cloth banners and signmaking sticks
are (temporarily) in the hallway where heaps of wood have been.
(We had to stop moving stuff when the IWW meeting got going in
the Family Room, and I wasn't able to get back afterward.)