[Peace-discuss] Disorder in Pakistan

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Sep 19 17:05:21 CDT 2009

[You know, if those Pakistanis don't learn to do what they're told, we're just
going to have to invade them.  Oh, sure, they let us drop bombs on their people,
and they kill the people we tell them to if we pay them enough, but they're
becoming increasingly unreliable.  We're expanding our embassy and adding a
thousand people to it, but there are rumors going around Islamabad that we're
sending a thousand Marines to the capital -- which is silly: the Obama
administration prefers to use Blackwater for that -- and even that we're setting
up a Guantanamo-style prison there.  Can you imagine? American prisons on
foreign soil?  That would be as bad as Obama signing orders of execution for
foreigners... --CGE]

	Pakistan police raid US-contracted security firm
	By NAHAL TOOSI and MUNIR AHMAD, Associated Press Writers
	Sat Sep 19, 2:27 pm ET

ISLAMABAD (AP) – Police raided a Pakistani security firm that helps protect the
U.S. Embassy on Saturday, seizing 70 allegedly unlicensed weapons and arresting
two people. The incident follows a series of scandals surrounding American use
of private contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The raid on two offices of the Inter-Risk company is especially sensitive
because of a slew of recent rumors and media reports that U.S. embassy expansion
plans in Pakistan include hiring the security firm formerly known as Blackwater.
The U.S. says there is no truth in the reports, but they have resonated with the
many Pakistanis familiar with allegations that Blackwater employees were
involved in unprovoked killings of Iraqi civilians...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/world/sns-ap-as-pakistan,0,4396799.story