[Peace-discuss] The wider war

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 23 22:17:04 CDT 2009

There's certainly self-deception involved, in varying degrees, but in the case
of the war in the Middle East, US planners aren't willing to be candid about
their reasons for war -- control of Mideast resources -- because that would
cause even greater opposition at home and abroad.

We have to be "fighting terrorism" as we once "fought communism" -- not using
military force to ensure economic domination of the world by the American ruling
class.  That would be crude.  --CGE