[Peace-discuss] Re: Supporting Oct. 17 Anti-war Event in Peoria

Corey Mattson coreymattson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:36:03 CDT 2009

Hi AWARE activists -
My name is Corey Mattson, and I'm with the Bloomington-Normal Citizens for
Peace and Justice. I've just joined the AWARE listservs a few weeks ago,
having heard of your organization from Carrol and Jan Cox, two anti-war
activists in our group. I'm writing you this email because our organization
wanted to put forward an idea on an upcoming rally to anti-war organizations
in the region.

Here in Bloomington-Normal, the BNCPJ is supporting an October 17th
anti-war noon action being organized in Peoria, a rally that is being held
in coordination with the regional protests called for by the National
Assembly Against the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars (www.natassembly.org). We're
just beginning to organize a caravan to this event, thinking that it would
be more worthwhile to organize an action regionally rather than duplicate
efforts here in B-N. We were wondering if your organization would be
interested in joining us in making the Peoria action a regional one, by
attending it and possibly getting others to attend. Rallies are happening
around the country on that date, and with Peoria already planning an event,
it would definitely be nice to get together on a regional basis.

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there for your consideration. You can
reach me by email (coreymattson at gmail.com) or by phone at 309-620-5702. Take
care, and peace!

In solidarity,
Corey