[Peace-discuss] american law enforcement getting paramilitary training in israel.

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Sep 25 07:43:57 CDT 2009

http://www.adl.org/learn/adl_law_enforcement/ncts+9-09.htm?LEARN_Cat=Training&LEARN_SubCat=Training_News

U.S. Law Enforcement Receive Counter-Terrorism Training in Israel

In early September, the Anti-Defamation League brought a group of
fifteen U.S. law enforcement professionals to Israel to learn advanced
counterterrorism strategies from their Israeli counterparts as part of
the ADL *National Counter-Terrorism Seminar (NCTS)*.

The group consisted of law enforcement from federal, state, and local
agencies from around the country including, the *Federal Bureau of
Investigation (FBI), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
(ATF), U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement (ICE), Texas Department
of Public Safety, Missouri State Highway Patrol *and *Atlanta Police
Department*.

Over the course of the week, participants met with and were briefed by
members of the* Israel National Police, Israel Security Agency, and
Israel Defense Forces*.  They met with some of Israel's strongest
leaders in the face of terrorism, such as *Brigadier General Yeshayahu
Horowitz *and* Brigadier General Nir Meriesh *of the Israel Police, and
*Major General Dov Lutzky* of the Israel Prisons Service.  Participants
were given behind the scenes tours and briefings as to how Israel
secures its airports, malls, and holy sites. In addition to formal
presentations and site visits, the program enabled participants to visit
some of Israel's most important cultural, historical, and religious sites.

Lieutenant Colonel Patrick Keen of the Illinois State Police stated,
"The information I learned on this trip will be shared when I return and
will certainly help the Illinois State Police be better prepared if/when
this type of threat occurs in Illinois." He continued, "I have attended
numerous law enforcement training sessions in the last 24 years, and
none compare to this."  Major Debra Williams of the Atlanta Police
Department described the trip as "unimaginable" and stated, "I recommend
this training to all that hold an executive level in their field."