[Peace-discuss] Fw: Call them out

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 17:08:27 CDT 2009

Pls forward widely. We can do this!
 --Jenifer

--- On Wed, 9/30/09, Jane Hamsher <firedoglakeaction at gmail.com> wrote:

President Obama, a majority of the House and Senate, and 77% of the American people all support a public option.

So why is Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid protecting corporate Democrats who want to sabotage a public option?
Tell Harry Reid: expose the Democrats who want to filibuster a public option.
Jenifer -
Yesterday Democrats on the Senate Finance Committee voted against a public option. The reason given by Chairman Max Baucus?  Well, he says there are Democrats in the Senate who would join with Republicans to filibuster such a bill.

Harry Reid, the majority leader of the Senate, needs to tell us which Democrats think they can stand with the Republicans and filibuster a public option.  Those Democrats are the only roadblock to a public option in the Senate, and we need to know who they are.

We have 60 Democratic Senators.  So what's the problem?

Sign our petition to Senator Harry Reid: we need to know which Democrats want to filibuster a public option with Republicans.

President Obama, a majority of the House and Senate, and 77% of the American people all support a public option.  So why is Harry Reid protecting a handful of corporate Democrats who want to sabotage a public option?

A handful of Democrats owned by the insurance industry think they can get away with filibustering President Obama's health care reform simply because it makes the insurance industry compete.

We are continuing to organize 40 members of the House to ensure that only a health care bill with a public option reaches the President's desk. But that doesn't give Harry Reid an excuse to protect these Senators.  We need to know who they are.

Speak out now - call on Harry Reid to tell us which Democrats want to filibuster a public option.  Click here to sign our petition:

http://action.firedoglake.com/harryreid

Thank you for your help.  Together, we can hold these Democrats accountable and pass a real public option.

Best,

Jane Hamsher

This email was sent to:
jencart13 at yahoo.com