[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Veteran of "Collateral Murder" video speaks out

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 22:20:57 CDT 2010

> Have we heard such excuses for the Nazis slaughtering civilians in WWII?
 Yes, war creates beasts, but some don't so readily acquiesce.

Some may acquiesce and then later step back and critically notice things
they had not noticed.

For instance, the Israeli Defense Forces person speaking at the Cohen Center
tonight has swallowed the Israeli Army line, hook line and sinker. But he is
obviously intelligent and capable of compassion for his comrades. He just
has no reason to recognize the humanity of the Lebanese.

I have hope that someday he will.

The two police officers who stand in that room with the Jewish young adults
and the Palestinian young adults, perhaps they don't see the humanity of the
'invading' group. I don't know.

Dehumanization can be addictive.

In the name of Bartolomé de las Casas, I have to believe people can
experience true conversion.

-karen medina

believed to be clean.