[Peace-discuss] Fwd: ZCommunications Update: New Chomsky Sessions DVD's

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 16 12:35:33 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:55:24AM -0500, Brussel Morton K. wrote:
> I suggest that AWARE buy the three DVD's by Chomsky and Albert mentioned below. Perhaps we can have them shown on Urbana TV Channel 6, as well as elsewhere.
> --mkb

Mort, do you see anything about the terms under which these films are sold?
We'd need "noncommercial performance rights" to be able to show them on UPTV.

They might be offering that, but if they're just being sold for home/personal use
(which would be typical for the ~$20 they're seeling these for), then
UPTV, the library, etc. couldn't show them.

I looked around the site a bit but didn't see anything about terms.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: no-reply at zcommunications.org
> > Date: April 16, 2010 2:13:26 PM CDT
> > To: brussel at uiuc.edu
> > Subject: ZCommunications Update: New Chomsky Sessions DVD's
> >

> > Dear Morton k. Brussel,
> >
> > In February 2010, Noam Chomsky visited the Z offices in Woods Hole, Massachusetts for a five-hour interview with Z staff member Michael Albert on various topics, including: the responsibility of intellectuals, science, religion, education, ecology, human nature, politics, international relations, economics, race, and kinship relations. Z Video Productions is producing a series of videos based on these interviews, THE CHOMSKY SESSIONS, and has just released the second and third DVDs in the set.
> >
> > Since 2000, Z Video Productions has been producing political videos explaining a variety of subjects, including documentaries from South America, interviews, debates, and recordings of historic panel discussions, plenaries, and talks from such venues as the World Social Forum. You can browse through more than 70 DVDs -- by speaker (Arundhati Roy, Cornell West, Howard Zinn, etc.) or by subject -- via our online catalog at http://www.zcommunications.org/zstore
> >

> > NEW PRODUCT LISTINGS
> >
> > THE CHOMSKY SESSIONS 2
> > Science, Religion, & Human Nature
> > The second in a series of DVDs, this interview of Noam Chomsky by Michael Albert covers science, rationalism, religion, sectarianism, conspiracy theories, and human nature.
> > Filmed at the Z House in February 2010; 77 minutes.
> >
> > - Available for order through the secure pages of the Z Store - www.zcommunications.org/zstore/products/112
> >
> > THE CHOMSKY SESSIONS 3
> > Education & Economics
> > This is the third in a series of DVDs based on an interview by Michael Albert of Noam Chomsky. It covers the state of the educational and economic systems in the U.S.
> > Filmed at the Z House in February 2010; 54 minutes.
> >
> > -- Available for order through the secure pages of the Z Store –
> > www.zcommunications.org/zstore/products/113
> >

> > And in case you missed it in our previous email, here is the info for the first DVD in the series:
> >
> > THE CHOMSKY SESSIONS 1
> > The Responsibility of Intellectuals
> > A discussion between Noam Chomsky and Michael Albert on the responsibility of intellectuals, scholars, and journalists, this DVD is the first in a series based on a lengthy, far-reaching, and in-depth interview of Noam Chomsky about the state of the world during a visit to the Z house and offices.
> > Filmed in February 2010; 54 minutes.
> >
> > -- Available for order through the secure pages of the Z Store - www.zcommunications.org/zstore/products/111
> > If you would like to stop receive ZNet mailings, please follow the unsubscribe link below

> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.