[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Champaign Mayor Schweighart Says ObamaNot American

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 16 19:00:30 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 04:45:45PM -0500, Karen Medina wrote:
> Wayne wrote: > I don't much like Schweighart.
>
> I cannot think of a single thing I agree with Schweighart on.
>
> Wayne wrote: > And I don't much like Obama either.
>
> I cannot think of a single thing I agree with Obama on.
>
> So, while I agree with Wayne on the above two things...
>
> Wayne wrote: > But it does seem to me that we are not getting the
> straight poop on the
> > birth cert.
>
> That is just plain silly.

Hear, hear.  We have legitimate reasons to complain about Obama
and his administration -- why would anyone need to waste time on these?

I'd be much more interested to hear from anyone who attended
yesterday's tea party and listened to other things the speakers said,
or talked with people there.  Wish I could have been there.
What kind of spectrum of opinion is represented?

I do like Code Pink's suggestion that it's worth talking with them.

There are Ron Paul libertarians among the tea party people, and (as I think
I posted a couple months ago) they have no time for Palin.  Jane Hamsher,
commenting on the February Tea Party Convention in an article I can't seem
to find now, linked to a Ron Paul forum thread with lots of comments
on Palin and her keynote talk.  The best anyone could say for her was
that her prominence might be politically useful.  They saw her as a
warmongering interventionist neocon, and a supporter of the
mainline Republican party, none of which they wanted anything to do with.

I'd be really interested to know whether that strain was represented
in the local tea party event yesterday.

believed to be clean.