[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Wall Street reform

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Sat Apr 17 08:01:21 CDT 2010

Well John,

As my Labor Activist grandmother use to say ; " actions speak louder than words " !

As usual, Obama talks a good talk, but he has CONSISTENTLY done just the opposite.
The so called " Health Care Reform " bill is a perfect example. Obama spoke of a public option but there is NO public option !
Only the further entrenchment of the private Health Insurance industry AND FORCING by threat of fine, Americans with no health care to buy the private insurance industry's over priced defective product. The end result will be greater corporate profits for the insurance industry with no increase in health care coverage for tens of millions of Americans because the fine will be cheaper than the outrageous premiums.

And then there are the issues of ; continuing the Patriot Act, defending the Bush people from criminal charges and lawsuits, expanding the wars of corporate aggression, wanting to expand corporate trade treaties like NAFTA ( Plan Columbia ) that has devastated the U.S. manafacturing base and economy / jobs. Etc., etc.

Obama was groomed by the ruling class to serve the interests of the ruling class.
He does NOT serve the peope who voted for him, he serves the empire whose corporate money and media created one of the slickest public relations / advertising campaigns in modern U.S. history.
The supposed " conflicts " with the republicans is a dog and pony show that is presented as a supposed choice, when in fact the " choices " are not OUR choices, but the " choices " the ruling class present to us in their pre-fabricated reality via THEIR corporate media.

So yes ! There is NOTHING I like about Obama. He is a liar and a traitor to the people who elected him.

David J.