[Peace-discuss] WCIA has posted a petition re resignation ofMayorSchweighart

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 13:19:17 CDT 2010

The office where my birth certificate was filed burned (this was before
computers, of course).
When I needed an official copy, I think I had to tell them the date and
where I was born. I suppose they had to check the hospitals records to make
sure it had happened. If I had been born at home, as my father and all my
sister's kids were, I don't know what they would have done.

Laurie, I do remember the footprint certificate of my birth. I think my
father still has that one. The government needed a different type, something
more official or one signed more recently or something more standard.

-karen medina

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Laurie Solomon <ls1000 at live.com> wrote:

>  With respect to this insignificant non-issue, the more interesting and
> important question - it seems to me - would be what sorts of evidence it
> would take to convince those who doubt the legitimacy of the birth
> certificate of its legitimacy.  What would they accept as legitimate
> evidence refuting their suspicions?   I suspect that this is for them
> basically an article of faith and nothing would suffice to  call their
> beliefs into question.
>
> I know that the form of my own official birth certificate has changed over
> the years.  The original one was twice the size of the current one, it was
> issued by the hospital and contained a footprint on it and signatures in
> ink.  The original copies issued by the State of Delaware was smaller and
> typewritten forms containing information contained in the original official
> document of record; and later, the copy that was sent out by the State was a
> negative Photostat of  the original official state record of my birth.
> Current copies issued by the State are positive photocopies of what now
> comprises the official state computer generated document which has no foot
> prints nor signatures of the doctor as was on the original hospital issued
> document.  The only thing that has been a consistent property of all the
> documents throughout the years has been that they were all notarized with an
> embossed notary impression.

believed to be clean.