[Peace-discuss] [Peace] WCIA has posted a petition re resignation of Mayor Schweighart

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Apr 17 13:32:36 CDT 2010

It would seem that it would have to be done by an organized campaign at
election time, to defeat any city council member who refuses to commit
to the dismissal of the two officers and the reform of the department.

I should think a city-wide campaign on that issue could make some noise.

Karen Medina wrote:
>> There should be a serious campaign for the removal of the mayor of
>> Champaign - & the other members fo the Champaign City Council - for
>> nonfeasance in not dismissing police officers responsible for the
>> killing of an unarmed 15-year-old.
>
> Yes.
>
> The fact that the police officer who shot Kiwanne continued to come
> to work while the incident was being investigated should be enough to
>  fire the police chief and the city manager.

believed to be clean.