[Peace-discuss] Chomsky: We shouldn't ridicule Tea Party Protesters

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Sat Apr 17 23:30:23 CDT 2010

So now, Chomsky is defending Palin and Limbaugh as being sincere (if misinformed?)!

Someone should have asked him such questions as to why the tea partyers seem to have adored Reagan, why they hate any government run health reform, taxes of any kind, why in general they haven't taken up cudgels against our wars (Ron Paul and a few others excepted), but love the military. Not a word about military spending have I heard. How about the Patriot Act and terrorists? Is it simply because they haven't been addressed by the "left", as Chomsky says? Pretty disappointing. Will he next show up on their podium?

His present notions are consistent with his oft repeated claims that the antiwar movement(?) today is far ahead of what it was in the days of Vietnam at a similar juncture (even if there really isn't a similar juncture). Is this blind optimism? This was pretty lousy Chomsky, which makes me fear the conference to take place in Paris for him, and to which I've bought tickets. Maybe he'll praise the Le Pen folks there, the equivalent of our tea partyers.  If only the left would explain stuff to them…  --mkb

On Apr 17, 2010, at 9:55 PM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWs6g3L3fkU&feature=player_embedded
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.