[Peace-discuss] [Announce] [Peace] WCIA has posted a petition re resignation of Mayor Schweighart

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 03:26:11 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at illinois.edu>wrote:

> I assume the squiggle at the end implies mordant sarcasm, right, John?

*yawn*  Not in the least, Carl.  It's a simple smiley face.  I was and am
glad to see Durango posting.

Now let me go and look up "mordant"....   :-)     <------- another smiley
face, virtually identical to the last one

> Given the mayor's record - neatly summarized by Neal Parthun on this list -
> going after him for having Wrong Thoughts about the Blessed Obama is at best
> like indicting Al Capone for tax evasion.  --CGE

Ah, but tax evasion is what finally got Capone sent up, isn't it?  As a
pragmatist, I'll take whatever I can get.

believed to be clean.