[Peace-discuss] Chomsky: We shouldn't ridicule TeaParty Protesters (but what are they saying?)

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Apr 18 10:48:14 CDT 2010

God is in the generalities; but the Devil is in the details.  God always
reveals itself because it presents low substance slogans; the Devil is
always the invisible one because it presents the factually controversial
specifics and particulars.  The point is that everyone talks about the
generalities, the slogans, the catch phrases; but no one ever holds anyone's
foot to the fire regarding the details and specifics which underlies the
generalities.  Thus, conversations are rarely productive.