[Peace-discuss] a critique of american medicine and theflexner report

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Apr 18 16:21:43 CDT 2010

actually some people do just what Baker says, going to India for some
surgeries
and to other countries like China for dental care.  I know of people who
come back to China to have their teeth fixed and they can save enough money
to pay for their air ticket and get a visit with the family to boot.

I dont agree with every thing the guy says but he makes some interesting
points.

Insurance has indeed led to many abuses.  On a couple of occasions members
of my family were requested to have unnecessary and costly examinations and
we were given as a defense, "your insurance will pay for it".