[Peace-discuss] P S WCIA posts petition re resignation of Mayor Schweighart

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:06:44 CDT 2010

Very funny, Jenifer: asking Schweighart to produce HIS birth certificate.

For someone who used to be a detective on the Champaign Police force, his
current line of questioning of birth certificates does make one wonder if
Detective Schweighart was any good at his job back then and whom he might
have wrongly accused of what.

-karen medina

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Jenifer Cartwright <jencart13 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> This just in (hilarious!) on the subject of Gerald Schweighart, our (I
> hope) soon-to-be-voted-out-of-office Champaign mayor.
> (The links to WCIA's- and the original video posted on YouTube and the
> online petition are 'way below.
>  --Jenifer
>

> http://thecapitolfaxblog.com/2010/04/16/ok-maybe-it-wasnt-about-the-booze/
>
> There's now a Facebook page asking Schweighart to produce his birth
> certificate (and there's a fake Kenyan birth certificate posted for him that
> mimics the fake Obama Kenyan birth certificate that right-wingers made up).
>
> At least the comments at the link above are kind of interesting and funny.
> At a lot of places, the comments have been dominated by tea-partiers and
> Schweighart defenders.
>
> http://www.news-gazette.com/news/politics-and-government/2010-04-16/mayor-defends-youtube-comments-county-board-member-calls-res
>

>                                              A link to the story that
> amazingly appeared on WCIA, our local CBS station
>  http://illinoishomepage.net/fulltext/?nxd_id=143655&watch=1
>
>  and to the petition that WCIA asked us to sign
> http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/schweighartresign/

believed to be clean.