[Peace-discuss] Fw: An American hero & the need for the 2nd Amendment

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 04:25:49 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM, unionyes <unionyes at ameritech.net> wrote:

> Also Carl,
>
> I just remembered that there was a parallel movement during the same time
> period ( 1964 -68 ) in Monroe North Carolina, led by an ex-army veteran
> named Robert F. Williams.

And of course there were the Black Panthers in California and Chicago and
Philadelphia and elsewhere.  And that other group in Philadelphia, who all
went by the last name of "Africa".  All black self-defense groups.

Sounds like the Deacons were the most successful of the lot, in terms of
actual survival.

believed to be clean.