[Peace-discuss] Diane Ravitch Revised: A Critique of Contrition

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 30 10:53:55 CDT 2010

No everything or every topic, even concerning education, needs to allude to America's empire.…

You have not put forward any compelling reasoning for your assertion on this particular issue.

As for Ravitch, I don't know her mind. Is it inconceivable that she has changed her spots? You don't consider that. Of course, you have a right to be suspicious, but that is unpersuasive one way or the other.

 --mkb

On Apr 30, 2010, at 7:25 AM, David Green wrote:

> The statement is just boilerplate. Until you find out what it really means, it means anything or nothing. For her, it still means an unwillingness to provide a moral and factual basis to be critical, for example, of American empire; e.g. her statement post 9/11. They almost certainly have not changed as part of her new persona.
>
> DG

believed to be clean.