[Peace-discuss] David Swanson on Bacevich: "War Scheduled to End Same Day as World"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 3 21:40:03 CDT 2010

One point on which Bacevich has it right - and Swanson is surely wrong - is
Swanson's remark below. (Lee Harvey Oswald probably did act alone, Cheney
probably didn't know about 9/11 before the fact, and you can't draw to an inside
straight.)

That can be important if one draws a king's-evil-advisers argument from it -
that the problem is the CIA, or the neocons, or Republicans, etc. - and fails to
see the consistency of US policy from administration to administration.