[Peace-discuss] Ending the war

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Aug 8 18:48:53 CDT 2010

  This Long War has produced some heroes - Julian Assange, Bradley Manning, and
their associates.

But we won't have won until Obama, Clinton, Gates et al. are in cells in The
Hague, awaiting trial.

Those out of office, from the Bush and Clinton administrations - and before - by
rights should accompany them.

But the Nuremberg trials came only after the collapse of the aggressors' armies.

We can push for that by pointing out the illegality of the use of troops without
a declaration of war, and by demanding that our representatives stop paying for
it (as, I'm delighted to say, our Rep. Timothy Johnson has done, here in
Illinois' 15th CD).