[Peace-discuss] The "two faces" of Winston Churchill

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 10:42:35 CDT 2010

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/

I don't think that there is as much irony or mystery about WC as Greenwald and
NYT reviewer Hari make out to be. Hari refers disparigingly to Nicholson Baker's
"Human Smoke," which I think gets WC about right. He was a monster. There is no
more reason to revere Churchill for "defeating" Hitler than there is to revere
Stalin, who in fact really did defeat him. I was not surprised by the NYT
review, only a little surprised by Hari, and somewhat more surprised by
Greenwald's take.

DG