[Peace-discuss] What we brought to the Iraqis

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 19 10:37:54 CDT 2010

  "The assault on Fallujah, a city located 43 miles west of Baghdad, was one of
the most horrific war crimes of our time. After the population resisted the
US-led occupation of Iraq - a war of neo-colonial plunder launched on the basis
of lies - Washington determined to make an example of the largely Sunni city.
This is called 'exemplary' or 'collective' punishment ... and added the name
Fallujah to an infamous list that includes My Lai, Sabra-Shatila, Guérnica,
Nanking, Lidice, and Wounded Knee."

*Cancer rate in Fallujah worse than Hiroshima*
/http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/jul2010/fall-j23.shtml/