[Peace-discuss] Is David Petraeus a 'Lying Liar' About the Drawdown?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 19 11:50:19 CDT 2010

  The answer is obvious: conditions on the ground have changed; as Gen.
McChrystal found, the task is much tougher than it seemed to be (and the
hampering rules that are designed to to show how careful we are of civilians are
getting in the way - endangering our troops and making them less effective)...

Answers like that are usually available;  opposing the war by winkling out
apparent contradictions in official explanations is not very effective, if you
seem to grant the major premise that the war should exist at all.  We should
condemn it as a crime and demand its cessation.

"But you said the troops would be home by Christmas!" is not a serious objection
to Operation Barbarossa.