[Peace-discuss] Why Should the Senate Fund "Enduring" U.S. Military Bases in Afghanistan?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 08:34:56 CDT 2010

As I acknowledged from the beginning, you are free to say that
according to your individual, personal taste, it was not a meaningful
move.

But that Congress took a concrete, non-rhetorical, refusal-to-fund
step to limit "enduring" bases in Iraq that it has not taken with
respect to Afghanistan cannot be reasonably disputed.