[Peace-discuss] war is part of the cycle of life / conversation at the table today

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 17:49:27 CDT 2010

Paraphrased discussion today at the sweetcorn table:
Vietnam Vet's wife: "You don't have anything about abortion on this
table."  She had not even looked yet.
Karen: "We are a one issue table, anti-war."
[I'll skip a few lines to get to the irony]
Vietnam vet himself: "War is a part of the cycle that is part of life.
Can't stop it. Don't want to."
R: "Several countries, more developed than the U.S. live without
aggression toward other countries. The Netherlands, Germany, ..."
VV: "But they have their own worse problems."
Karen, later, after they had walked away: "Child abuse is a cycle too.
An abused child is more likely to abuse his/her own children. But some
people decide they can end the cycle."
[all comments were paraphrased]