[Peace-discuss] Illinois House could vote today to abolish the death penalty

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:22:43 CST 2010

I called Naomi's office, and the woman I spoke with informed me that
she is indeed supporting the bill for permanent abolition of the death
penalty in Illinois.

My mom, who lives in Elmhurst, says that an Amnesty International
volunteer called her this morning and said they think they are one
vote away, and my mom's rep, Biggins, could be the swing. (Double
paraphrase, obviously, of that conversation.)

So, if you know anyone who lives in that district, or anyone else who
might be in any other swing district, please spread the good word.
There is a little window this week. After this week, Naomi's staffer
informed me, it would be much harder to get through.

P.S. Naomi's staffer told me, if I understood correctly, that
yesterday the House voted to approve civil unions. Maybe everyone else
already knows this, but I did not.