[Peace-discuss] Curious incident

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 3 18:35:40 CST 2010

One can contribute to Wikileaks: See the article on antiwar.com.

http://news.antiwar.com/2010/12/03/wikileaks-registrar-problems-leave-site-difficult-to-reach/

Then  http://213.251.145.96/  for a contribution to Wikileaks.

When trying to do this with one of my credit cards, Capital One, the contribution was immediately rejected by the site. A contribution was accepted using another credit card. Immediately thereafter, I received an email message from Capital One indicating suspicion of fraud. The guy I spoke to at Capital One said the charge was rejected because it was a foreign charge, hence suspicious. However, I've often used this card for foreign charges, so that too is suspicious.

I draw no conclusions, but found this incident curious.

--mkb