[Peace-discuss] Pull a Green Party Ballot Today!

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:50:25 CST 2010

In Cunningham 18, the EJs asked me if I wanted a D, R, or G ballot.

Last night I walked part of my precinct. I ran into a potential voter
who had no idea there was an election today. When I explained that
there was an election for the U.S. Senate and that there was an
anti-war candidate running, he eagerly pledged that he would vote.

What kind of democracy is that, that relies on volunteer efforts to
even inform people that there is an election going on, never mind who
the candidates are and what they stand for?

Until we get control of the damn media, there will be no democracy in the U.S.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at illinois.edu> wrote:
> My experience exactly.  Without the kiss.
>

> Karen Medina wrote:
>>
>> Election judge to Karen: "Would you like a Democrat or a Republican
>> ballot?"
>>
>> Karen: "You are not offering a Green ballot?"
>>
>> EJ: "Would you like a Green ballot?"
>>
>> Karen: "No. But aren't we offered a Green ballot?"
>>
>> [... ] [Karen was voter 110 at her precinct at 10:30am today.]
>>
>> Karen to 3 EJs in an otherwise empty poling place: "Have a wonderful day!
>> Hope you have a great turnout!"
>>
>> EJ1 blows a kiss. A heartfelt good-bye.
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Change.org: End the war in Afghanistan
Timeline for Withdrawal and Political Negotiations
http://www.change.org/ideas/view/end_the_war_in_afghanistan_establish_a_timeline_for_withdrawal_and_begin_political_negotiations

believed to be clean.