[Peace-discuss] Pull a Green Party Ballot Today!

Matt Reichel mattreichel at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:35:48 CST 2010

Of course, I couldn't disagree more with the analysis that it is worthwhile pulling a corporate party ballot. If Cheryle Jackson or anyone else on the corporate ballots was actually any good, then they had no realistic chance of winning in this rigged election.

The act of pulling a Green ballot in itself was a vote against the system of corporate bribe-taking candidates.

In the end, over 5,000 people in the state pulled a Green ballot: a 60% increase over 2008 numbers, despite turnout being about 1/3rd of 2008 across the board. (Champaign County was the only major county that saw a decrease, in large part due to the graduation and relocation of several active GP activists from there)

Most of the increase occurred in inner-city Chicago, where residents have the benefit of clarity that those of you in the cornfields might not have: choosing among corporate bribe taking candidates in one of the corporate bribe-taking parties is an act of futility. In the land of Blago, Rahmbo, Stroger, Daley, Burke I and II, Dick Mell, and so on, this couldn't be clearer.

Solidarity,

Matt

> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:39:31 -0600
> From: galliher at illinois.edu
> To: kmedina67 at gmail.com
> CC: Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
> Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Pull a Green Party Ballot Today!
>
> My experience exactly.  Without the kiss.
>

> Karen Medina wrote:
> > Election judge to Karen: "Would you like a Democrat or a Republican
> > ballot?"
> >
> > Karen: "You are not offering a Green ballot?"
> >
> > EJ: "Would you like a Green ballot?"
> >
> > Karen: "No. But aren't we offered a Green ballot?"
> >
> > [... ] [Karen was voter 110 at her precinct at 10:30am today.]
> >
> > Karen to 3 EJs in an otherwise empty poling place: "Have a wonderful
> > day! Hope you have a great turnout!"
> >
> > EJ1 blows a kiss. A heartfelt good-bye.
>

> --
> believed to be clean.