[Peace-discuss] She comes more nearer earth than she was wont / And makes men mad.

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 4 14:25:42 CST 2010

I think the real attraction of Sarah Palin for those who are opposed to the US
political establishment - despite her conventional and apparently largely
unexamined conservative views - is that she drives conventional liberals nuts.
I don't mean just that she annoys them: she actually causes them to say crazy
things.

Consider C. L. Andrew Sullivan - admittedly not tied too tight at the best of
times - but now clearly ready for the restraints and Thorazine:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/02/palin-emanuel-pot-kettle.html

believed to be clean.