[Peace-discuss] IVAW Supporters to host alternative Super Bowl parties this Sunday (none in Illinois so far - kem)

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:43:10 CST 2010

IVAW Supporters to host alternative Super Bowl parties this Sunday
(none in Illinois so far - kem)

The National Football League takes pride in its relationship to the
military, but we want to challenge this traditon of linking the
violence of war with competitive sports.

With IVAW's alternative Super Bowl parties, help us shine a light on
one area of our society where patritic symbolism is used to mask the
realities of war.  It's not too late to host a party or join one in
your area.

The military has long-standing connections with the National Football Leage.

Watch Dave Zirin's political analysis of this year's Super Bowl on
today's Democracy Now (see video: http://ivaw.org/).

Click here to view the list of parties taking place or register your own.
http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5966/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs;jsessionid=F7427D8D3280335628F3D149D5A0881F?distributed_event_KEY=108

BTW, The super bowl XLIV will be the New Orleans Saints  vs. Indianapolis Colts
Sunday, February 7, 2010 - 6:25pm ET on CBS

believed to be clean.