[Peace-discuss] AWARE & abortion

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Feb 6 11:32:42 CST 2010

As Mort knows well but refuses to admit, my objections to abortion are ethical
and philosophical, not theological.  My objections would remain the same even if
the American RC bishops should collectively slap themselves on the head and say
"D'oh! We approve of abortion..."

If per impossibile Mort were interested in considering what those objections
are, he could see (in addition to things I've written) e.g.
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/abortion/philosophical/future.shtml>.  --CGE

Brussel Morton K. wrote:
> This is pretty disingenuous. Most who have attended AWARE meetings know that on many occasions, AWARE has provided support for worthy  movements or organizations that have not been directly tied to war and antiracism. The only reason Carl opposes this now is that the word "abortion" has appeared, an issue he is theologically hung up on.
>
> --mkb
>

> On Feb 6, 2010, at 10:13 AM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
>
>> People contribute to AWARE because it says it opposes war and the attendant racism.  AWARE shouldn't pass the money on to groups not directly connected to its remit. CCHCC, for all we may praise its work, doesn't have much to do with war and racism.
>>

>> Karen Medina wrote:
>>> The NG sells ads to raise money. Buying an ad in the NG is a contribution.
>> --
>> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.