[Peace-discuss] All of which I saw, part of which I was

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Feb 7 22:18:33 CST 2010

[1] Chomsky, Cockburn, and Zinn were/are friends and admire(d) one another. If
you've read what each man has written, it would seem odd to say they're not "in
the same league."  In fact there are broad areas of agreement among them.

[2] There are many who disagree with Cockburn on anthropogenic climate change
(including his co-editor at CounterPunch, Jeffrey St. Clair) but no one who has
read what he's written would think him uninformed on the matter.

[3] A comment from Bill Blum, chosen almost as random (from 5 June last):

"And now we have a black president. Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, or Stokely
Carmichael he's not. His policies and his appointments have all fallen in that
area that runs from ever so slightly to the left of center to clear conservative
and imperialist on the right. He's more loath to being identified as, or
collaborating with, progressives than with right-wingers. *Team Obama sees the
left as an eccentric old aunt who keeps showing up at family functions, making
everyone uncomfortable and wishing she'd just go away.*"

As you say, "he might not disagree with much of what Cockburn says."  --CGE

believed to be clean.