[Peace-discuss] Palin Drives Libertarians out of Tea Party By: Jane Hamsher (mentions Iran)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 8 14:38:08 CST 2010

[Or maybe it will work out the other way around.  There are important anti-war
currents within the Tea Party movement, as Hamsher points out.  --CGE]

Tea party star Allen West, who raised over twice as much in the 4th quarter of
2009 than Democratic incumbent Ron Klein (FL-22), says “We must get away from
occupation warfare and nation building.”  Rand Paul, who is very likely to win
Jim Bunning’s Kentucky Senate seat, would’ve voted against the war in Iraq and
wants a constitutional declaration to continue the war in Afghanistan. [More
precisely, he insists that the war in AfPak cannot constitutionally continue
without a declaration of war in accord with art. 1, sect. 8, cl. 11 of the
United States Constitution, which vests in the Congress the exclusive power to
declare war --CGE.] Adam Kokesh is running as an anti-war candidate against
Democratic Rep. Ben Ray Luján in New Mexico’s third congressional district
(Lujan voted for the war supplemental)...

Robert Naiman wrote:
> Palin Drives Libertarians out of Tea Party By: Jane Hamsher
> http://firedoglake.com/2010/02/08/palin-drives-libertarians-out-of-tea-party/
>

> --
> Robert Naiman
> Just Foreign Policy
> www.justforeignpolicy.org
> naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
>
> Change.org: End the war in Afghanistan
> Timeline for Withdrawal and Political Negotiations
> http://www.change.org/ideas/view/end_the_war_in_afghanistan_establish_a_timeline_for_withdrawal_and_begin_political_negotiations

believed to be clean.