[Peace-discuss] [cchcc-l] What's going on with health reform? An overview.

C. G. ESTABROOK cge at shout.net
Wed Feb 10 13:06:56 CST 2010

[It seems better to oppose the administration's attempts to increase the profits
of the insurance companies and work for what we really want. As Kucinich points
out, there are strong single-payer movements is several states, including ours.]

	Kucinich: It’s High Time for Single-Payer Health Care
	By MIKE LILLIS 2/8/10 5:15 PM

As Republican leaders are urging President Obama to scrap the Democrats’ health
care reform legislation and start the process from scratch, they’ve found an
unlikely ally in Rep. Dennis Kucinich. The Ohio Democrat — a perennial
presidential candidate — wants President Obama to consider government-sponsored,
single-payer health coverage in lieu of the insurance industry-based reforms
being proposed by Democratic leaders.

In a letter to Obama today, Kucinich argues that single payer is “the only
health care [system] that has consistently proven to address each of the
criteria you have outlined for a satisfactory heath care plan.”

As you know, Medicare for All increases quality, provides coverage for everyone,
and controls costs.

The Ohio liberal is urging Obama to include a single-payer advocate as part of
the bipartisan health reform summit the White House will host on Feb. 25.
Indeed, Kucinich offered himself to be that advocate.

http://washingtonindependent.com/76105/kucinich-its-high-time-for-single-payer-health-care

believed to be clean.