[Peace-discuss] City-wide Anti-War coalition meeting Saturday (tomorrow) 12 noon

Jesse Phillippe japhillippe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 18:09:09 CST 2010

As some folks may know, planning has begun for building a city-wide Anti-War
coalition, with the aim of increasing the communication between Anti-War and
like-minded groups in Champaign-Urbana, as we approach the 7th anniversary
of the Iraq War.  Among other things, the idea is to organize and build as
much as we can for a local demonstration that week leading up to March 20th
(preferably while students are still in town).  But also to maintain
communication for other events along the way, such as the CAN National
Conference, which is coming up February 27-28.  Those who are building this
would like to get as many people to the coalition meetings, representing as
many groups as possible.
*
*
*The first meeting will be held Saturday, Feb. 13 (tomorrow) at 12 noon in
the Courtyard Cafe area of the Student Union* (from there we can perhaps
decide on a better meeting time and place if the need arises).

Among the groups that we are expecting to show up are: CAN, AWARE, ISO, SJP,
and possibly some of the local IVAW members.
Among the things we could do at the meeting are decide on a time and place
for the demonstration, make preparations for flier-making, decide on how we
want to build public support and awareness about the demonstration, as well
as communicate about what each group is doing individually, and how we can
all work together more effectively.

Thanks,
Jesse

believed to be clean.