[Peace-discuss] Fw: Huge public option news!

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Tue Feb 16 14:41:19 CST 2010

From: Adam Green, BoldProgressives.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:15 PM
To: Laurie Solomon
Subject: Huge public option news!

      Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO)

Laurie,

Some great news.

This morning, four bold senators -- led by Colorado's Mike Bennet -- defied the stale DC conventional wisdom that tells Democrats to be weak.

Instead, they wrote a letter calling on Majority Leader Harry Reid to pass the public health insurance option through "reconciliation," which only needs a simple majority in the Senate.

This is huge news. Now we need Senators Richard Durbin and Roland Burris to co-sign this letter.

Can you call Durbin and Burris today? Click here for the phone number and a short script.

There will never be a more important time to call Congress about health care reform.

Americans overwhelmingly want the public option. A majority of senators have said they want the public option. And finally, "reconciliation" is seriously under consideration -- meaning that Joe Lieberman would be unable to block the bill.

The only question is: Will Democratic senators have the guts to pass the public option through reconciliation?

Click here to call Durbin and Burris today.

Senators Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Jeff Merkley (D-OR), and Sherrod Brown (D-OH) were the three heroes who co-signed the Bennet letter today.

We hope Durbin and Burris will too. You can help make that happen.

Thanks for being a bold progressive.

-- Adam Green, Aaron Swartz, Michael Snook, Natasha Patel, Andrew Perez, and the PCCC team

P.S. Just recently, thousands of calls from people like you got 119 House Democrats to sign a similar letter calling for the public option through reconciliation. We can get lots of senators to sign too -- if we call today.

believed to be clean.