[Peace-discuss] Haitian Garment Workers Should Get $5 a Day

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 23 16:50:50 CST 2010

NO !

We should demand and ONLY support a $ 7.25 PER HOUR wage rate ( U.S. Federal
minimum wage rate ) for Haitian Garmet Workers !

If they have preferential access to U.S. markets under the Hope  II Act,
this should be the demand.
Anything less further undermines our U.S. Standard of Living, does nothing
to significantly improve the lives of Haitian Workers, and ONLY benefits
global corporations and their sweatshops !

David Johnson