[Peace-discuss] US war-making

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 24 12:03:57 CST 2010

[The USG is having touble organizing the world for war. We should do whatever we
can to subvert their plans. Encourage non-intervention and the withdrawal of US
troops - including mercenaries and assassins - and foreign bases. --CGE]

	Gates: European Aversion to War a Danger to Peace
	US Defense Secretary Slams 'Demilitarization of Europe'
	by Jason Ditz, February 23, 2010

Speaking today at the National Defense University, US Secretary of Defense
Robert Gates condemned European nations in general for their refusal to
contribute larger portions of their population to NATO.

Gates warned that Europe’s aversion to war was doing serious harm to assorted US
military operations with NATO backing, and was therefore “an impediment” to the
lasting peace he envisions those wars eventually creating.

Gates’ comments appeared to be directed in part at the Netherlands, who saw its
government collapse this weekend after NATO pressure to continue its commitment
to the Afghan War led antiwar members of the government to withdraw.

He said that the “demilitarization of Europe” was a long-term, systemic problem
for NATO, and that the European members of NATO needed to increase their
military spending to NATO mandated levels.

believed to be clean.