[Peace-discuss] Fw: [cchcc-l] Save the date - Tues., March 9 - Dr. Steffie Woolhandler

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 18:16:04 CST 2010

This looks like an excellent and enlightening opportunity! --Jenifer

--- On Wed, 2/24/10, CCHCC <cchcc at healthcareconsumers.org> wrote:

Dear Friends,

Please see the message below from our friends at Physicians for a
National Health Program (PNHP) about a local health care debate
sponsored by the Center for Business and Public Policy in the U of I
College of Business. The debate will feature the renowned Dr. Steffie
Woolhandler, co-founder of PNHP.

The event will take place on Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 4 p.m.

Please see below for more details.

I hope as many Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) supporters
as possible can attend this event, so that CCHCC can have a strong
presence! We will be joined by other single-payer supporters from around
the state.

Sincerely,
Claudia Lennhoff, CCHCC Executive Director

**********************

Dear Single-Payer Activists,

Exciting news! Dr. Steffie Woolhandler, co-founder of PNHP, is debating
Michael Tanner, Senior Fellow of the Cato Institute at the University of
Illinois Urbana-Champaign on March 9th.

Dr. Woolhandler is a great speaker and if you're able to go to this
event, I highly encourage it.

Here's a clip of Dr. Woolhandler on Democracy Now discussing the House
legislation and a recent PNHP study showing that over 2,200 veterans die
annually due to uninsurance: http://bit.ly/9tyun

ABOUT THE EVENT:

WHAT: *Who Controls Your Health Care: a Debate on Free Markets vs.
Government Control*

WHO: Featuring:
- Michael Tanner, Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute
- Steffie Woolhandler, Professor of Medicine at Harvard and co-founder
of Physicians for a National Health Program

WHEN:    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 • 4:00-5:30 pm

WHERE:    Deliotte Auditorium, Business Instructional Facility
515 E. Gregory St., Champaign, IL

Sponsored by the Center for Business and Public Policy in the College of
Business

Please forward widely!

--
Ali Thebert